- Book Now
Concordia, is the name for the confluence of the mighty Baltoro Glacier and the Godwin-Austen Glacier, in the heart of the Karakoram range of Pakistan. The name was applied by the English mountaineer Aleister Crowley. The American climber and photographer Galen Rowell described it as the ‘Throne Room of the Mountain Gods’ Around Concordia are clustered some of the highest peaks in the world. Four of the world's fourteen "eight-thousanders" are in this region, as well as a number of important peaks elevating more than 7,000 heigh.
The most famous trekking route in the world is K2 base camp, a strenuous and demanding but rewarding as well, starts from Skardu, then drive to Askole village, where our team of porters prepare load for the trek. On the first few stages we cross the snout of the Biafo Glacier, and negotiate the narrow trails above the Braldu River, before ascending the lateral moraine to the Baltoro Glacier. Ascending the glacier we gain unrivalled views of the Karakoram. With the option of stopping at non-traditional campsites wherever possible, we move along the surrounding rock spires, granite towers. The spectacular rock walls of Trango Towers, Lobsang Spires and Uli Biaho stand like monolithic stone sentinels, guarding our route. As one progress up the moraines of the vast Baltoro Glacier, the Muztagh Tower (7273m) and Masherbrum (7821m) slowly reveal themselves and at a distance Gasherbrum IV stands tall, providing a taste of what is to come.Occasionally on and off the Baltoro Glacier itself, we reach Concordia, from where we have the most spectacular view of some of the World's greatest giants like K2 (8616m), Broad Peak (8048m), Gasherbrum II (8035m), Gasherbrum IV (7925m), Chogolisa (7665m) and Golden Throne (7240m) and everything down the Baltoro Valley.
Day - 01: Arrival in Islamabad - Hotel
Day - 02: Flight to Skardu or drive to Chilas - Hotel
Day - 03: Drive to Skardu or day free - Hotel
Day - 04: Drive to Askole - Camp
Day - 05: Trek to Korofong - Camp
Day - 06: Trek to Bardumal - Camp
Day - 07: Trek to Paiju - Camp
Day - 08: Trek to Khuburche - Camp
Day - 09: Trek to Trek to Urdukus - Camp
Day - 10: Trek to Goro II - Camp
Day - 11: Trek to Concordia - Camp
Day - 12-13: Free Day to excursion around Concordia - Camp
Day - 14: Trek back to Goro - Camp
Day - 15: Trek to Khoborse - Camp
Day - 16: Trek to Piaju – Camp
Day - 17: Trek to Jula – Camp
Day - 18: Trek to Askoli - Camp
Day - 19: Drive to Skardu - Hotel
Day - 20: Flight to Islamabad or drive to Chilas (if no flight) - Hotel
Day - 21: Free day or drive Chilas to Islamabad - Hotel
Day - 22: Departure to home.
- Arrival & Departure:Airport – Hotel – Airport transfers (Pick Up and Drop off).
- Accommodation In Islamabad:2 nights hotel at 4 star Hotel in Islamabad on Twin sharing basis.
- Welcome Dinner:One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Islamabad to the team members with Expedition Staffs.
- Cargo Clearance Assistance:Assistance to International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage, gears and equipment (if any).
- Permit & Official Documentations:Application documentation with authorities for issuance of permit (in restricted zones).
- Trekking Fee Submission: Paying Trekking fee to the government of Pakistan.
- Site Seeing: Local site seeing in Islamabad or surroundings, if time permits.
- Licensed Mountain Guide:1 Mountain Guide (Licensed from the government) with full equipment, salary, food and accommodation.
- Garbage Management:Garbage fee Deposit to the relevant authorities.
- Map:Trekking map.
- Members Transportation:
- Domestic Flight: Flight for all members from Islamabad to Skardu & Skardu to Islamabad, as per Itinerary (dependent on weather).
- Air conditioned land transportation from Islamabad to skardu & Skardu to Islamabad (in case of flight cancelation).
- Land Transportation: 4x4 Jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu with all gears, logistics and staff.
- Accommodation in Chillas: 2 nights stay at Chilas, in case of flight cancellation to Skardu or Islamabad, on twin sharing basis, with full board.
- Accommodation in Skardu: 2 or 3 nights Hotel in Islamabad on Twin sharing basis Bed Room, with full board.
- Food and Lodging: 3 times meals a day (Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Camp during the trek and Basecamp.
- Camping: All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- Porter:Porters per member up to Base camp from Askole & Porters while returning from Basecamp to Askole.
- Staff:Experienced and well-trained Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff wages and Allowance:All staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Staff Insurance: All local staff (Guide, Cook, Helper and porters) will be insured for any loss or damage.
- Trekking Equipment: All the necessary items, including kitchen, mess, toilet and sleeping tents, mattress, pillow, Tables, chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Medical Kit: Necessary Medical kit for group members and staffs.
- Farewell Dinner: A farewell dinner will be given at Islamabad before departure to your homeland by us.
- Fees and Local Taxes: All Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing fees.
- International Flight Assistance: Full assistance for international ticket confirmation and reservations.
- Pakistan Entry Visa fee:Pakistani Visa fee.
- International Flight: Members international flight tickets.
- Climbing Gear: Any kind of gear related to climbing activity.
- Custom Charges: Any customs clearance charges on arrival of climbing gears.
- Room Services: Room service, gratuities for personal services or items of a purely personal nature.
- Extra night in Islamabad: Extra nights accommodation in Islamabad. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance:Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Cancellation: Trip cancellation Insurance and charges.
- Rescue Evacuation:Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses:Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Islamabad but we will serve all kinds of beverages for members in basecamp), and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Any Unforeseen Expenses: Any unforeseen expenses (just like road blockage extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days basses.
- Late or Early Arrival: climbing member will arrive together. If any/some member split during the arrival time/period then there extra expenses will be charged according to normal price.
- Filming:Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit and its fee (if required).
- Tips: Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs. (minimum 300USD)
- Extra:Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in Cost Includes section.
K2 B/C, Concordia
June to September