- Equipment List
Laila Peak is a mountain in Hushe Valley near Gondogoro Glacier in the Karakoram range. Located in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan, it has an elevation of 6,096 metres (20,000 ft). Laila Peak has a distinctive spear-like shape and its northwest face has a slope of 45 degrees in more than 1500 vertical metres.
It has been climbed by Simon Yates, among others. According to the local people in Hushe, Laila peak has been climbed only twice, a total of only seven people have summited.
It was climbed in winter for the first time by Spanish mountaineers Alex Txikon and José Fernandez, in February 2013.
The height of the Laila peak in Hushe Valley is controversial. Some believe it to be 6200 metres whereas some mention it as 6614 metres. In a Japanese mountaineering map by Tsuneo Miyamori (published in 2003), the height of Laila Peak is mentioned as 6096 metres.
Day - 01
Arrival in Islamabad
Day - 02
Islamabad – Skardu or Chilas if no flight
Day - 03
Chilas – Skardu
Day - 04
Skardu (free day)
Day - 05
Drive to Hushe.)
Day - 06
Trek to Shaiche.
Day - 07
Trek to Dalsampa Laila Peak base camp.
Days - 08-22
Days for acclimatization and Climbing
Day – 23
Trek back to Shaicho
Day – 24
Drive to Skardu
Day – 25
Trek to Hushe.
Day – 26
Drive to Skardu.
Day – 27
Skardu - Islamabad or Chilas if no flight
Day – 28
Free day in Islamabad/Chilas to Islambad
Day – 29
Islambad (free day)
Day – 30
Fly to next destination
- Arrival & Departure: Airport – Hotel – Airport transfers (Pick Up and Drop off).
- Accommodation In Islamabad: 2 nights hotel at 4 star Hotel in Islamabad on bed & breakfast and Twin sharing basis.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Islamabad with Expedition Staffs.
- Cargo Clearance Assistance: Assistance to International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage, gears and equipment.
- Permit & Official Documentations: Application documentation with authorities for issuance of permit to climb the Peak.
- Royalty Fee Submission: Paying Expedition Royalty fee, on behalf of expedition members to the government of Pakistan.
- Briefing & Debriefing: Official briefing on arrival to Islamabad and debriefing after the expedition.
- Site Seeing: Local site seeing in Islamabad or surroundings, if time permits.
- Liaison Officer: 1 Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
- Garbage Management: Garbage fee Deposit to the relevant authorities.
- Insurance: Insurance of all Expedition staffs during the expedition.
- Map: Trekking and climbing map.
- Member Transportation:
- Domestic Flight: Flight for all members from Islamabad to Skardu & Skardu to Islamabad, as per Itinerary (dependent on weather).
- Air conditioned land transportation from Islamabad to skardu & Skardu to Islamabad (in case of flight cancelation).
- Land Transportation: 4x4 Jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu with all gears, logistics and staff.
- Accommodation in Chillas: 2 nights stay at Chilas, in case of flight cancellation to Skardu or Islamabad, on twin sharing basis, with full board.
- Accommodation in Skardu: 2 or 3 nights Hotel in Islamabad on Twin sharing basis Bed Room, with full board.
- Expedition Stuffs Transportation: All necessary equipment of the Member’s and Staff’s transportation from Islamabad- Skardu to Askole by bus / Jeep and to basecamp by Porters / Mule. While Returning: Basecamp to Askole by porters / Mule and Askole to Islamabad by bus / jeep.
- Member Luggage: Up to 50 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters and 25 while way down.
- Food and Lodging: 3 times meals a day (Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Camp during the trek and Basecamp.
- Camping: All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- Porter: Porters per member up to Base camp from Askole & Porters while returning from Basecamp to Askole.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff wages and Allowance: All staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Staff Insurance: All local staff (Guide, Cook, Helper and porters) will be insured for any loss or damage.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp Equipment: All the necessary items, including kitchen, mess, toilet and sleeping tents, mattress, pillow, Tables, chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Heating System: Heater for base camp to facilitate members.
- Medical Kit: Necessary Medical kit for group members and staffs.
- Farewell Dinner: A farewell dinner will be given at Islamabad before departure to your homeland by us.
- Fees and Local Taxes: All Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing fees.
- International Flight Assistance: Full assistance for international ticket confirmation and reservations.
- Certificate: Climbing certificate issued by Pakistani Alpine Club (after climbing)
- Pakistan Entry Visa fee: Pakistani Visa fee.
- International Flight: Members international flight tickets.
- Climbing Gear: Any kind of gear related to climbing activity.
- High Altitude Belongings: High Altitude tents, foods and high altitude porters.
- Custom Charges: Any customs clearance charges on arrival of climbing gears.
- Oxygen and EPI: Oxygen cylinders and EPI gas for high altitude usage.
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner, during the stay at Islamabad (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Room Services: Room service, gratuities for personal services or items of a purely personal nature.
- Extra night in Islamabad: Extra nights accommodation in Islamabad. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Cancellation: Trip cancellation Insurance and charges.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Islamabad but we will serve all kinds of beverages for members in basecamp), and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Any Unforeseen Expenses: Any unforeseen expenses (just like road blockage extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days basses.
- Late or Early Arrival: climbing member will arrive together. If any/some member split during the arrival time/period then there extra expenses will be charged according to normal price.
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit and its fee (if required).
- Tips: Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs. (minimum 300USD)
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Above Base Camp: All our services and staff are up to base camp only. No service above Base Camp will be provided.
- Any other item not listed in Cost Includes section.
Provided here with three lists of equipment for the expedition. (List 1) is for personal items and clothing. (List 2) contain climbing related gears and items. (List 3) contains optional items you may need during your expedition.
List 1 – Personnel Items and Clothing:
- First Aid Pack (Diamox (Altitude), Dioralite (re-hydration salts), antiseptic cream, blister treatment, throat lozenges, plasters, Imodium (diarrhea treatment), painkillers)
- Hiking Backpack (Day Pack) 32-42 Litres
- Fleece jacket with hood or a warm jumper
- Mittens or gloves
- Gloves (Thermal)
- Headtorch with spare batteries
- Hiking boots
- Sleeping bag (-16°C comfort rated)
- Sandals (sports) or old shoes (to cross rivers)
- Sun protection cream (including total block for nose, lips etc.)
- Thermarest or any similar mat/pad for sleeping
- Warm hat
- Warm jacket (down)
- Water bottles 1 liter (x2)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over-trousers
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Small towel
- Spare laces
- Underwear (normal and thermal)
- Trekking poles (highly recommended)
- Wash-bag and toiletries
- Walking socks (2/3 pairs)
- Baselayer – leggings (Thermal)
- Trekking Trousers
- Baselayer thermal shirts (2 long sleeves, 2 short sleeves)
- Mountaineering equipment (See “List 2” below)
List 2 – Mountaineering Equipments:
- Mountaineering boots that must be compatible with your crampons. Minimum Grade B2.
- Ice axe
- Climbing harness
- Karabiner/Carabiner (screw-gate type x 2)
- Climbing helmet
- Prusik loops X two (2) – (4 meters of 6 mm cord makes up 2)
- Sling (120 cm)
List 3 – Optional:
- Buff or scarf
- Small padlock (for locking your bag)
- Insect repellent
- Pen-knife (important: pack sharp tools in hold luggage)
- Repair kit (e.g. thread, needle, duct tape)
- Liner (for sleeping bag)
- Travel clothes
- Bottle for Pee
June - August
35°- 35 '28.4' N
76° - 24 '19.5' E
Base Camp height
July 31, 1954